Nicky has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture from the College of Integrated Chinese Medicine (Kingston University). There she learned from some of the most respected senior practitioners in Europe, and her studies included both TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) and Five Element Theory.
Following her degree course, she did a specialisation in paediatric acupuncture, earning a post-graduate diploma in Paediatric Acupuncture from the College of Integrated Chinese Medicine. This year-long course, taught by some of the most prominent experts in the field, not only provided a comprehensive understanding of childhood illness and disease (from both the Western and Chinese medical perspectives) but also provided the necessary practical skills required for the specialised treatment of children.
Nicky has also had the fortunate opportunity to do post-graduate training with some of the world’s most renowned teachers of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine:
- Dr. Richard Tan, one of the foremost experts in the field of acupuncture for pain relief and pain management. The methods taught by Dr. Tan are world-renowned for their ability to effectively attain clinical results within minutes after treatment has begun. Nicky has used these methods extensively and has great success in treating pain.
- Julian Scott, a truly inspiring teacher and internationally respected expert in the field of Chinese medicine for children. His pioneering efforts to bring Chinese paediatric medicine to the West began with his founding of Europe’s first children’s acupuncture clinic in 1983, the Dolphin House (Brighton, UK). Based on his experiences at this clinic, he wrote Acupuncture in the Treatment of Children, what has been since its release, the leading English-language textbook in the field. He then travelled to schools around the world to teach paediatric medicine to Western students of Chinese medicine. It was under Julian Scott that Nicky did her post-graduate studies in Paediatric Acupuncture.
- Dr. Wang Ju-Yi, one of China’s most revered doctors and thought to be the world’s greatest authority on what is known as Channel Theory. This ancient Chinese medical theory not only explains the nature and function of the acupuncture channels but also provides the most comprehensive and accurate methods for treating illness and disease with acupuncture.
- Paul Adkins, creator of one of the most successful and widely used systems of cosmetic acupuncture (facial rejuvenation acupuncture) in the world. After completing his intensive course, Nicky was awarded certified diplomas in both Cosmetic Acupuncture and Micro-Needle Collagen Induction Therapy/Dermaroller Therapy.
As well, Nicky is a member of the British Acupuncture Council, the largest professional/self-regulatory body for the practice of traditional acupuncture in the UK. This body guarantees the highest standards in safety, training, practice and research, and it ensures that its members are in compliance with current UK health and safety legislation as well as being in compliance with strict codes of hygiene and ethics.
Nicky has full medical malpractice and professional indemnity insurance, and all aspects of her work are licensed with the local authorities and council.
- BSc (Hons) Degree in Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Licentiate of Acupuncture (Lic. Ac)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Paediatric Acupuncture
- Certified Diploma in Cosmetic Acupuncture
- Member of the British Acupuncture Council (MBAcC)
- Certificate in NADA Protocol (a special method for treating Addictions and Stress)
- Certificate in Advanced Channel Theory
Nicky practices privately from her clinic on a quiet street a short walk from Brighton train station.
Monday to Friday 10am – 6pm
If you struggle with health issues that affect the quality of your life, acupuncture can help you.
To Book an Appointment
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Call 01273 233 144